He is a consultant Intellectual Property and IT department at Muma & Kanjama Advocates.
He is currently at the Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law and Policy (CIPIT) which is part of Strathmore Law School and is an innovative centre for evidence-based research and training in intellectual property. Douglas has a Master of Laws from the University of East Anglia UK, Norwich Law School in Intellectual Property, Information Technology and Internet Law.
He obtained his Bachelor of Laws from Catholic University of Eastern Africa. He Lectures at Strathmore Law School.
Associate – Advocate
Certified Secretary, Accredited Mediator
Head of Corporate Secretarial Department and Lexserve Registrars
Post Admission Experience: 2 years
Membership in Professional Societies:
Member, of the Law Society of Kenya, Mediation Training Institute (International) – East Africa Branch and Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya
Post Graduate Diploma-Advocacy Training, Kenya School of Law, Nairobi, 2013
Bachelor of Laws, LLB (Hons) Catholic University of Eastern Africa – 2012
Certified Public Secretary CPS (K) – KASNEB
Notable Assignments Handled
- Corporate Status Checks for various companies.
- Statutory review and comparison of company and registry records to ensure consistency and full compliance.
- Corporate Secretarial Alerts: setting up monitoring and updating of corporate calendar Preparatory Compliance Check and remediation in view of transaction work, M&A, Corporate reorganisation.
- Convening holding and drafting of all minutes of board of directors and general meeting of shareholders.
- Keeping and maintenance of statutory registers and minute books.
- Constitution changes i.e. changes in company name, registered offices, business objects, increase and decrease of registered share capital.
- Changes in management i.e. resignations and removal and appointment of directors.
- Branch establishments, voluntary liquidations and share transfers and share issues