Head of General Commercial Practice (Conveyancing, Commercial, IP and Corporate Secretarial Department)
Years with Firm: 14
Post Admission Experience: 17
Membership in Professional Societies:
Certified Public Accountant – Part 3, The Law Society of Kenya,Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), Patent Agent Kenya Intellectual Property Institute
Education and Employment : Doctor of Laws, LLD. Doctors of Laws programme University of Nairobi 2014 (ongoing)
Master of Laws, LLM.(IP), University of Nairobi – Nairobi , Kenya. 2005.
Bachelor of Laws, LLB (Hons) University of Nairobi – Nairobi, Kenya. 2001
Post Graduate Diploma in Laws (PGD KSL), Kenya School of Law 2003.
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) Qualified Member of CIArb, 2014
Certified Mediator, Strathmore Dispute Resolution Centre SDRC
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), KASNEB, Part 2
Law Lecturer – University of Nairobi – Intellectual Property and Evidence 2013 to Date
Ass. Law Lecturer – Mount Kenya University – 2012
Notable Assignments Handled
- Team leader in representing the interest of 2 churches in claim and disposal of over its 6 acre land in Eastleigh valued at over 1 billion
- Co- team leader of the team tasked with advising the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya, project structuring and legal advisory for the CPS Governance Centre project in Upperhill, 2014
- Team Leader in the team tasked with helping various developers change user, Develop, sell and register to new owners leases of residential apartments and office blocks. Eg Uhani Properties- South C Development, Ufadhili Properties – Ruaka Development , Kings Developers with vast developments in Eldoret and Nairobi
- Successfully representing CFC Stanbic Bank, Chase Bank IR, Ecobank, Fidelity Commercial Bank , Speed Capital Microfinance Bank, Real People Microfinance Bank in Perfection of Securities and registration of Charges and Mortgages.
- Successfully conducting several Legal Audits and Transactional Due Diligence Investigation for leading institutions amongst them Tuskys Supermarket .
- Successfully representing Tuskys in Mediation and Conciliation process of negotiation of a new CBA agreement.
- Successfully representing families on contested estates, Divorce and Matrimonial Property Disputes.
- Successfully restructuring and managing individual family properties, trusts and developments leading to unlocking cashflows. eg commercial and residential leases, protect structuring, charitable trusts etc
- Part of the team that represented former Post Master General in an unlawful termination claim successfully
- Successfully representing CFC Stanbic Bank, Chase Bank IR, Ecobank, Fidelity Commercial Bank , Speed Capital Microfinance Bank, Real People Microfinance Bank in commercial advisory and realisation of securities
- Certified Arbitrator and Mediator with the Institute of Arbitration, Strathmore Dispute Resolution Centre, Nairobi International Dispute Resolution Centre.
- Various advice and legal representation relating to restrictive trade practices and competition law.
- Carrying out research on IP matters and provided advice to clients, drafting industrial designs and patent applications for KIPI and ARIPO patent registries and advising on protection of copyright and reviewing and advising on franchising agreements.
- Working closely with Pfizer, KEPHIS and KEMRI on Seeds and Plant Genetic Resources protection and Traditional ecological Knowledge protection.(Doctoral Studies) LLD.